Monday 5 March 2012

March 5th

Delightful furrows,

Buried treasures churned, unearthed,

Worms for leaping gulls.

 

Went for another run today, I’m so unfit it was exciting to get under 10m per mile pace! Still, I did run 3.5miles, but plenty of room for improvement. One of the fields adjoining the moor had recently been ploughed. Birds were congregated, getting a good feed of all the turned over detritus. Mostly it was crows and gulls, probably the most bullish of the avians, keeping the smaller birds at bay.

The photo below isn’t actually of that particular field, but it is one in the locale, Pegsdon Hills, I took it a couple of weeks ago, I like the way the plough marks the soil, especially on corners.

I’m working on a longer poem on this theme, which will appear on my other blog at some point in the near future.

No comments: