Monday 26 March 2012

March 25th

Laughter crackling flames

Footpad’s silent steps avoid

Plots most foul and grave

 

So this Haiku is about an event from the previous night. Does it particularly matter that it wasn’t about an event on that specific day? Not really.

As I walked through the moors at dusk (see previous Haiku for March 24th) I could hear laughter, it was either on the edge of the moor or in one of the big gardens. Then I saw the bonfire and the silhouettes of people’s frames against the bright light of the flames.

It put me on edge, I initially thought it was people being brazen and messing about in the moors, but of course it wasn’t. My eyes had played tricks on me and it was a bonfire in someone's garden. They were having a party. But it didn’t stop me from thinking I was a level 9 Halfling rogue, hiding in shadows to get round the orc encampment. Many lost years playing Dungeons and Dragons led to this horrendous paranoid imagination of mine.

No comments: