Wednesday 14 March 2012

March 12th

In the misty chill,

River skips through the mill wheel,

Distant tawny calls.

 

I walked back from the station in the dead of night, I’d been to see Arsenal play with my old Dutch friend Chris and his brother in law Ari, both of them enjoying the spat between their two countrymen Van Persie and Krul.

The air was damp with mist and as it was later than normal (I would normally rush back after a game, but I stayed for a goodbye drink) there was no background noise, there was an absence of cars and people. Bizarrely, as I’d lived in the area for years, this was the first time I could hear the river splashing against the old Mill Wheel (now fixed in place) on the edge of Flitwick. I also heard Tawny Owls calling in the far distance.

1 comment:

dors said...

I like it :)