Monday 23 April 2012

April 23rd

 

Candles snuffed out with

a simple silent gesture

and friends faces fade

No, this isn’t about death! I’ve just deactivated facebook for a few days. Got a lot on at work. It’s becoming a bit of an unnecessary distraction. Will be back in a week or so I’m sure. Just find that even that 30 seconds to check what’s happening in fb world is interrupting my concentration. Will see if it helps me to concentrate in other writing too. I’m fighting becoming a victim of this “instant gratification” culture, but I think I’m already hooked in that current, like a pig who can’t swim, lolling and bobbing about, occasionally getting a bump from a rock. So I need to train myself to withdraw and watch, chill out, listen, think, observe.

These Haiku’s are cool, but they are snapshots, little snippets of a stream of consciousness, more often than not cobbled together in minutes, sometimes seconds. Some I spend time on, hours, procrastinate over, but it doesn’t necessarily make them better or worse. I can’t judge the value, getting too close to them, worried about them being meaningless. So I think some time free of distractions will focus me and give me the opportunity to get back into longer blog posts and short story writing. Seeya here tomorrow, but not on facebook (maybe on twitter though, not zapped that!)

No comments: