Tuesday 17 April 2012

April 17th

When I die I want

my body to feed the earth

trees born inside me

I was thinking today, how cremation seems such a waste. I’d like to be buried so what nutrients I contained be returned to the earth, seeds germinating in what was the shell of my body. Obviously only when I’m dead, I’d be quite frightened if I was buried alive.

I think a combination of reading Murakami, the rainy cold change in the weather and listening to Mogwai in the car has contributed to these thoughts. But it’s not negative in the slightest, not an obsession with death, just an observation. Tomorrow I might think about Houmous or South London. Could be anything.

1 comment:

Klaudia said...

''Trees born inside me'' is gorgeous. Almost makes me want to be dead :D Well I dunno if u were thinking being buried without a coffin? And without embalming and stuff like that. I'd like that. I think I'd prefer that to anything, even tho for a long time I was into cremation. Now I just feel like.. I don't really wanna literally burn in hell, u know? as u can see I've been putting a lot of thought into it :D death is fascinating. so is life.