Tuesday 31 January 2012

January 31st

 

Time to choose. Be Brave.

Pin your colours, or you’ll grow,

Saggy boobs of shame.

 

I was invited by the Southbank Centre to attend the press preview for the David Shrigley exhibition at the Hayward Gallery today (formally opens tomorrow). They liked my blog! Even with all the profanity and ill informed opinions! So I was proper chuffed by that. First time ever (and perhaps the last) I’ll get to say “I’m here for the press preview” in a Sean Connery voice (I didn’t do the voice).

I’ll write a proper post about all things Shrigley on my other blog, but for today, a Haiku about my favourite Shrigley image. It was on a greeting card I bought once. It’s not in the exhibition, but it was my first exposure to David Shrigley, so it’s my way of honouring the first bit of his work I ever saw. And yes, the exhibition is great, worth a visit.

1 comment:

Rosanna said...

How funny, I went to the exhibition yesterday and just blogged about it! Just saw this now...fantastic - press pass, lucky you! :) I also really enjoyed it. Your haiku made me giggle too, love the 'saggy boobs of shame'. You are doing bloody well keeping up the Haiku challenge..excellent job sir. Can't wait to read your further thoughts on the exhibition