Sunday 29 January 2012

January 29th

 

Sombre steps, old priests,

Frayed feathers, contemplating,

Stooped, thought gathering.

 

Another anthropomorphic Haiku today I’m afraid. Saw some Rooks on my drive to Hertford. They weren’t in a group, they were spaced out (five or six of them) a good ten yards away from each other along a stretch of grass verge running parallel to the road. They always look deep in thought to me. As if they have arms folded behind themselves, stooped forward, taking stiff strutting steps and mulling over great worrisome issues taking place in the world.

Of course they were probably just looking for worms.

(pic from the RSPB website)

1 comment:

Rosanna said...

I like the priest allusion, really original and quirky. Don't want to comment on every haiku as I will take over, but also enjoyed the above one :) keep it up!