Thursday 26 January 2012

January 26th

Heavy lids, aching,

Fitful sleep, dark dreams, dark clouds,

Keep writing, thinking.

 

I felt and feel rather ill today. Had only a few hours sleep, interrupted by sore throat and a raging thirst. Was meant to go up to Yorkshire for work, but I couldn’t possibly do it. So I worked from home. A long old day too. This morning, I could feel the cold boring into me, my brain in some sort of fuzzy cocoon, sheltered and distant.

The dark clouds just added to this feeling of melancholy. I was in a bit of a daze, but there is a kind of perverse enjoyment in this feeling too. I feel creative and different when I’m ill. Sadness brings out the best in my writing. Shame my creative attention was distracted by my day job, this was a day I could have happily curled up in bed with a laptop and did a bit of stream of consciousness. Sadly, despite the big build up, today’s Haiku isn’t the best. Never mind. It’s not even the end of the first month and I’m struggling. But working long hours with only a laptop screen and small window to look out of (and Loose Women on ITV when I have my lunch) doesn’t give me much inspiration.

I hope I’m better tomorrow, I must’ve had 5000 calories today. Need fresh air and exercise. And sleep, blessed sleep.

No comments: