Saturday 7 July 2012

July 7th

Plump superheroes

sci-fi skinny lycra pups

gather unashamed!

Went to the London film and comic-con yesterday with my good friend Sal. We have a lot of fun there, been going for a few years now. Although not brave enough to ever dress up ourselves, you have to respect anyone that does. It’s such an inclusive and accepting an atmosphere. They (we?) might be nerds but they are probably the friendliest people you’ll ever be likely to meet. So don’t judge them.

The only mean thing I’ll say about it is that it’s always fun watching slightly overweight guys uncomfortably queuing for the toilet, unsure as to whether they’ll have enough time to peel off their lycra costume. But that’s just my quietly Machiavellian sense of humour rather than any lifestyle judgement on my part.

Some pics I took below. The marvel character were told to piss off out of shot by the photographer, so only DC guys were allowed to gather round the batmobile. There was a forlorn looking ghost rider, two spider men, a lady thor and a loki just out of picture.

Bunch of jokers.

I worried about the guy with the realistic looking rocket launcher. I’m sure if I carried that round on the tube anti-terror police would have me riddled with bullets within minutes. Cosplaying for people who have a darker complexion (like me) is a dangerous business. Choose your cosplay characters wisely my ethnic minority brethren!

No comments: