Thursday 20 December 2012

December 20th

never see daylight

empty stencilled quotes mocking

bug eyed sleep deprived

“The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it” – Moliere

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” – Maya Angelou

These are two empty ironic quotes stencilled on the wall in one of our work meeting rooms. I’ve been stuck in this Slough dungeon for two days. Daylight has been missing from my life. I’m a shadow. I arrive in twilight, I leave in darkness. I’m a bug eyed, sleep deprived bush baby clawing at nothing, my head full of heavy pain. The train there and back again, a grimy windowed realm, all stations to purgatory. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for having this job, but it’s all relative.

This is the world of bids, it drains the brain, brings headaches. The quotes just infuriate me. How do (some) colleagues make me feel? Angry.

No comments: