Wednesday 9 May 2012

May 9th

Sleeping filament

Lampada Annuale

no one saw it glow

Went to the Tate Modern after work, getting the most out of my membership! I sat in the members room for a bit with a scone and some tea and did a bit of work on my laptop, then I had a wander.

The Alighiero Boetti exhibition is great fun and very thought provoking. Like many people, I kind of was drawn to the Lampada Annuale (annual lamp) which only switches itself on randomly for 11 seconds in any one year. So naturally you are drawn to it, hoping to be bestowed the wonderful gift of light.

For an online experience of the same sense of expectancy, check this fun website!

I didn’t dwell for long, but I’m sure some people wait ages. Patience is a virtue. I strolled away with a wry smile.

No comments: